User Guide Version 1.0.0 Table of Contents
- Integrate Canada Post API with Magento 2 to provide your customers with the real time Canada Post shipping rates using our Magento 2 Canada Post Shipping extension. Our extension auto-calculates live shipping cost based on shipping source and delivery destination. Also, it imparts quick and the easiest way to get the shipping charges from the Canada Post APIs.
Let’s take a look at its Features below:
- Get real time Canada Post shipping rates.
- Get shipping rates for the addresses within Canada and outside Canada also.
- Generate shipping labels from the Magento admin.
- Get a shipping tracking code
- Display the expected delivery date along with the shipping method at the front-end
- Add Handling Fees from the Magento admin.
- Set Free Shipping Methods.
- Get shipping rates including or excluding tax
- Choose from the Magento admin whether you want to display all shipping methods or specific for your website.
- Enter default box dimensions from the Magento admin.
- Choose the reason for the export of products from the Magento admin.
- Choose the language of error messages from English or French.
- Display shipping rates including or excluding tax.
- Fully manageable from Magento admin
- Easy to set up and use.
- Support by Rootways – any questions we are here to help you.
2. HOW TO USE AND CONFIGURE
This section will show you how to configure Rootways Canada Post shipping extension from the Magento admin.
2.1 Shipping Method Settings:
- Log in to Admin Panel and then click STORES -> Configuration -> SALES -> Shipping Methods.
- Status : If extension is activated successfully then you will see “Extension Activated” here, if this message is not there then something is wrong with your extension license key. Please contact us at [email protected]for license key related issues.
- Enable : Enable/Disable this shipping method from here.
- Mode : If your Canada Post APIs details are of sandbox account then set it to “Development” otherwise set it to “Production”.
- Local : Choose in which language you want to display shipping label.
- API Key : Add your Canada Post account API username here. Check below screenshot for your reference. Also, check this link how you can get API Keys,https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/developers/services/gettingstarted.jsf
- Password : Add Canada Post API password here, check above screenshot to know from where you can get Password.
- Customer Number : Add your Canada Post account customer number here
- Allowed Shipping Services : Select Canada Post shipping methods which you want to display at checkout steps.
- Show Estimated Delivery Date : Choose whether you want to display estimated delivery date along with shipping method at the checkout or not. Check below screenshot for your reference.
- Handling Fee Type : If you want to add extra fees to shipping rates then you can do it with our module, select whether you want to add fees as “Fixed” amount or in “Percentage”
- Handling Fee : Add amount of fees here, this amount will be added in the shipping cost.
- Rates Price Type : Choose whether you want to display shipping rate with or without tax at the front-end.
- Maximum Package Weight: Set maximum weights for shipment, any order total weight more than this will not display shipping rates at the front-end.
- Default Box Width : Add default box width here, this will be passed while fetching shipping rates at the front-end. If this value is blank, then shipping rate are retrieved based on weight only.
- Default Box Length : Add default box length here, this will be passed while fetching shipping rates at the front-end. If this value is blank, then shipping rate are retrieved based on weight only.
- Default Box Height : Add default box height here, this will be passed while fetching shipping rates at the front-end. If this value is blank, then shipping rate are retrieved based on weight only.
- Enable Free Shipping Threshold : If you want to give free shipping then set it “Enable”
- Free Shipping Amount Threshold : Enter amount (subtotal) here for free shipping method, if subtotal is equal or grater than this amount then you can see free shipping method at the front-end.
- Free Method for Canada : Select shipping method that you want to display as free shipping method at the front-end. This method is displayed as free only when customer shipping address is in Canada.
- Free Method for US : Select shipping method that you want to display as free shipping method at the front-end. This method is displayed as free only when customer shipping address is in USA.
- Free Method for International : Select shipping method which you want to display as free shipping method at the front-end. This method is displayed as free only when customer shipping address is other than Canada and US.
- Reason for Export : If you are shipping outside Canada then please select reason for your export here.
- Ship to Applicable Countries : Choose from here whether you want to display this shipping method for all countries or for specific countries
- Ship to Specific Countries : If above option is set to “Specific Counties” then you must select counties here in which you want to display this shipping method.
- Show Method if Not Applicable : Set to “Yes” if you want to display error message at the front-end when this shipping method is not applicable for the customer current cart items.
- Show Error Message from Canada Post Response : If set to “Yes” then you can see error message exactly send by Canada Post response API. This error message may not be user friendly, so we recommended to set it to “Yes” on the development website only. If it set to “No” then the error message entered in below “Displayed Error Message” text area will be displayed at the front-end when no shipping method is available.
- Displayed Error Message : Write error message that you want to display at the front-end when shipping method is not applicable.
- Sort Order : Enter sort order of this shipping method at checkout page.
2.2 Shipping Origin Settings:
- Log in to Admin Panel and then click STORES -> Configuration -> SALES -> Shipping Settings.
- Add address from where you will ship your products to customers. This address must be valid Canadian address only
2.3 Store Information:
- You can generate shipment (shipping label) directly from the Magento admin order. You can see “Create Shipping Label” checkbox while you are generating shipment from the admin, just check that check box and you can generate shipping label along with the Magento shipment. Check below screenshots for more clarification.