The First impression of your E-commerce website decides whether the visitor will become a returning customer. With Rootways Slideshow extension, create an eye-catching, beautiful display of highly professional, easily customizable rotating banner images for the promotional products, special announcements or any other purpose on any webpage you wish without writing code piles.
This Magento image slideshow extension immediately adds life to your pages. Use this Slideshow extension almost anywhere on your Magento site such as home page, category pages, and at any CMS page you want. You can even apply different slideshow options to each page or block. Images can be featured with adding Title, Description, Link, Order of Images and much more…
No technical knowledge required! You can flexibly set up your slideshow as per your requirements.
You don’t need to worry about your site speed. Rootways SlideShow doesn’t affect your site speed.
Let’s take a look at its Features below:
- Multiple Images: More than one image can be displayed on one slideshow.
- Title: Different title to each image of slideshow.
- Description: Different description to each image of slideshow.
- Link: Different links to the pages you want to redirect when clicking on each image of slide show.
- Sort Order of images.
- You can set width and height of slide show.
- Enable/Disable specific image of slide show in a single click.
- Easy to add, edit and delete images from slide show.
- Easy to Install, Configure and Use.
- Reliable and Prompt Support by Rootways to help you solve any difficulties in using slideshow.
2. HOW TO USE AND CONFIGURE
This section will show you how to configure Rootways Slideshow Extension. It’s very easy and fast!
2.1 General Settings:
This section will show you how to manage Slideshow from Configuration settings. Log in to Admin Panel and then click System -> Configuration -> Rootways (Left sidebar) -> Slideshow.Below screen shots is of Slide Show Settings and also the detailed description of each setting.
- Enable: Enable/Disable Slideshow using this setting.
- Domain Mode: Choose Live or Development mode
- Domain: If Live Mode is selected, then enter live domain URL that was entered at the time of purchase of theextension or if you’ve selected Development Mode then enter development domain URL that was entered at the time of purchase of the extension
- License key: Enter License key that was sent to you by Rootways shop via email.
- Add JS: Set “Yes” if you are using Magento version 1.8 and below to include js file, otherwise set it to No.
2.2 Slideshow Management:
This section will show you how to manage Slideshow. Go to Admin -> Root Slideshow -> Manage Slideshow.
Add Slideshow: Click on ‘Add Slideshow’ button from top right to add new slideshow, when you click on ‘Add Slideshow’ button you can see 4 tabs for add slideshow. It will cover your all requirements for all type of slideshow for your website.
There are 4 tabs to manage each slideshow:
1) Slideshow General
3) Display on Categories
4) Display on CMS page
1) Slideshow General:
This tab contains general information of slideshow. There are 6 fields under Slideshow General Tab.
– Title:Title of slideshow.
– Identifier: Identifier of slideshow, its value is unique.
– Width: Width of slideshow, on front-end slideshow’s width depends on this field.
– Height: Height of slideshow, on front-end slideshow’s height depends on this field.
– Sort Order: Sort order of slideshow, slideshow is displayed according to this order at slideshow listing page on admin side.
– Status: You can enable/disable slideshow with this field.
Add images to feature them in slideshow from this tab, to add image click on ‘Browse file…’ button, select images and then ‘Upload Files’ you can also upload more than one images at a time. There are 7 columns to Image tab.
Below is the screenshot that shows 7 columns of Image tab and description of each field:
– Image: You can see uploaded image from this column.
– Link: You can add link of the page you want to redirect when clicking on each image by this field. ATTENTION:Don’t write your domain or base URL to this link e.g. if you want to add link like https://DOMAIN/categorypage/ then just write category page/ to link fields no need to write https://domain it’s taken by default
– Title: You can add title of each images by this field, you can see this title with big font on image of slideshow on front-end.
– Description: You can add short description of each image by this field, you can see this content with images of slideshow on front-end.
– Order: You can set order of images using this field; images are displayed according to this order on front-end slideshow.
– Disable: You can disable image by checking disable option. If image is disabled then it will not display anymore on slideshow front-end.
– Remove: You can remove image by checking remove option and when you click on save then the image will automatically be deleted.
3) Display on Categories:
You can set slideshow for specific category by selecting category from this tab. You can see all categories’ listing over here, you can also select more than one category to display slideshow on front-end. Below is the screenshot that features’ Display on Categories’ tab:
4) Display on CMS page:
You can set slideshow for specific CMS page by selecting CMS page from this tab. You can see all CMS pages’ listing over here, you can also select more than one CMS page to display in slideshow on front-end. Below is the screenshot that features ‘Display on CMS’ tab:
After filling all required information for slideshow click on ‘Save’ or ‘Save andContinue Edit’button. Now check the front-end of your website, reload it and you’ll see beautiful and eye-catching Rootways Slideshow with multiple images.
Manage Slideshow Listing at admin.
You can see the list of all slideshow under Admin -> Root Slideshow -> Manage Slideshow. You can search slideshow by ID, Title, Width, Height, Sort Order and Status of the slideshow. You can edit slideshow by clicking on edit action or click on any slideshow. Default order of slideshow is based on ascending Sort Oder of Slideshow. Below is the screenshot that features Slideshow list:
You can also “Delete” a Slideshow, to delete a slideshow open slideshow and click on ‘Delete’ button. You can see the ‘Delete’ button in screenshot below:
3. FRONT END – DISPLAY SLIDE SHOW
You can display Slideshow to any CMS and Category page on your Magento front-end, to add slideshow to you have to add code written below to your template file or any phtml file.
Below is screen shot of slideshow from CMS page.
Below is screen shot of slideshow from Category page.
Rootways Slideshow Extension is fully Responsive and flexible. Our Fully Responsive Slideshow Extension refers that your website will have the same user experience on any device having different screen sizes. It suggests that our extension is adjustable to any screen size.
That’s how easy it is to use Slideshow by Rootways. Please contact us for any queries regarding Magento and custom web-development of E-commerce websites.
Our Shop: https://rootways.com/shop/
Email: [email protected]
Our team is working on the newer version of Rootways Slideshow with an extra ordinary feature that you’ve never seen with any extension!!!