Table of Contents
Integrate VEND POS with Magento 2, synchronize product, customer and order with Vend POS for Magento 2.
2. HOW TO INSTALL
- Extract and zip file and upload it to Magento 2 website root.
- Run this command “php bin/magento setup:upgrade”
3. HOW TO SETUP AND CONFIGURE
- Go to Admin → STORES → Configuration → Rootways → Vend Integration. Add the license key received while purchasing the extension.
- Add your VendHQ detail at Admin → STORES → Configuration → Rootways → Vend Integration → Vend Configuration.
- Login to your FTP then go to your website root_directory/pub/media here create new directory with this name “vend_images”.
4. SETTINGS TO BE DONE BEFORE PRODUCT SYNC
- Make sure that product attribute ‘handle’ is created and assigned to default attribute set.
- Make sure that ‘vend_images’ directory is there at /pub/media/location.
- Make sure that all product attributes (variant) and their values are same in VEND POS and Magento 2.
- For example: In vend, the product has Color=Red variant then in Magento 2 Color attribute must be there with Red value. If this does not match then this attribute will not be imported with the product.
5. HOW TO IMPORT PRODUCTS FROM VEND TO MAGENTO 2
Use below instructions to import products from Vend to Magento 2:
- First import all simple products using the link “http://your_website_base_url/vend/index/Addproduct?size=50&page=1″.
- In above URL, size=50 is a number of products to be imported at a time and page = 1 is the current page number.e.g. If you have 1,000 products in VEND POS then add size=50 and then add page=1.
After importing first-page products, change page=2 and repeat this to page=20 (Total number of products/import size limit = Number of pages i.e. 1,000 / 50 = 20 pages)
- If you get timeout error, then please add size less than you added before, i.e. if 50 not work then add less than 50.
- 200 is maximum number of products you can add at one request. This is a limit of VEND POS API, not of our extension.
6. HOW TO IMPORT CUSTOMERS FROM VEND TO MAGENTO 2
Use below instructions to import customers from Vend to Magento 2:
- First import all customers using the link “http://your_website_base_url/vend/index/addcustomers/?size=200&page=1″.
- In above URL, size=200 is a number of customers to be imported at a time and page = 1 is the current page number.e.g. If you have 10,000 customers in VEND POS then add size=200 and then add page=1.
After importing first-page customers, change page=2 and repeat this to page=50 (Total number of customers/import size limit = Number of pages i.e. 10,000 / 200 = 50 pages))
- If you get timeout error, then please add size less than you added before, i.e. if 200 not work then add less than 200.
- 200 is maximum number of customers you can add at one request. This is a limit of VEND POS API, not of our extension.
- Customer(s) without email, first name and last name will not be imported to Magento.
- Need to reset password in Magento for the imported customer’s email to login because VEND doesn’t has customer’s password.
That’s how easy it is to use Magento 2 Vend POS by Rootways. Please contact us for any queries regarding Magento and custom web-development of Ecommerce websites.
Email: [email protected]
Our team is ready to guide you for Rootways Vend POS extension any time!!!